Project Industry Sponsor: Microlynx Systems Ltd (Calgary, AB)
Project Title: Semi-Autonomous Quadrotor
Objective: To develop a battery-operated quadrotor, with a control system that can be user controlled, but will autonomously stay in position and avoid obstacles.
- Battery-powered autonomous quadrotor hardware
- Robust wireless link for control and status info
- Software application for remote control
This project will have the following aspects: software engineering, electronics, signal processing, communications, and controls.
- Minimum flight time of 2 minutes
- 5 to 1 minute ratio of charge time to flight time
- Range of 10 m around the person controlling
- Hovers within 15cm of a specified point